The Accident Took Place at a Chick-Fil-A Restaurant’s Drive-thru
Everything happened in seconds, and soon, the child was free from this dangerous predicament. A coworker was the one who handed Kokenzie the pair of scissors through the window of the drive-thru. The situation could have proven to be way worse, but according to Alex Vann, the owner of the Chick-Fil-A restaurant, Zack and everyone else was in the right place at the right time and had the right training. Their attitude and actions saved the life of the young boy.
Kokenzie is known as “Cowboy” because he was given this nickname after a recent incident where he almost fell off a horse. Back then, he showed that he could remain calm in dire situations, and that showed this time around as well.
A Chick-fil-A Manager Also Saved a Child from Choking Last Year
This is not the first time that a Georgia Chick-Fil-A employee has rescued a child from choking. A 19-year-old Chick-fil-A manager, Logan Simmons, was the hero one year ago when he leaped through the window of the drive-thru to save a boy who was also choking. The heroism of the young manager was captured on the surveillance footage, which showed Simmons going through the window and getting to the car where a six-year-old boy was struggling to breathe in the rear seat. Simmons rescued the boy with the help of his pocketknife and later said that it was his instincts that spurred him into action.