The ABC network announced that it is suspending production on fan favorite ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ after “allegations of misconduct” by cast members. In the statement, the network stated how they are halting production and sending all cast members home until the incident in question has been under a full investigation.
The scandalous incident was said to be between Corinne Olympios of ‘The Bachelor’ season 21 and DeMario Jackson of ‘The Bachelorette’ season 12 after they engaged in inappropriate acts in a swimming pool. Following this, a producer allegedly filed a complaint claiming that Olympios was too inebriated to consent to the acts.
The following day, Corrine was apparently made aware of what had happened the night before with Jackson and she immediately flew home to Miami to put the pieces together. After much speculation and questioning of what happened, Olympios broke her silence on the situation. Her statement said “I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.
She continued, “As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”
When Corinne released her statement, fingers were beginning to be pointed towards Jackson, questioning his motives and intent. In a response to the outlandish claims he responded through releasing a statement through his publicist. He said “It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations, I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”
Olympios has hired high-powered Hollywood attorney to deal with the case which looks to get ugly in the next couple of weeks pending an investigation by ‘Bachelor’ parent corporation Warner Bros. The production company released a statement of their own and finished it by asserting “Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”